Re: What's the deal with Third Voice?

Author:John Grohol
Posted:9/30/1999; 9:31:11 AM
Topic:Windows apps on Linux: the real reason

I'm a pragmatist. Show me the proof that a document you own and which resides on your servers can be seen to be defaced to everyone viewing it.

Everyone viewing graffiti can see it is graffiti. Everyone viewing a Web page with Third Voice components overlaid on it cannot see them unless they have specifically chosen to view them.

Realistically, I doubt many people will ever download and install the software necessary for this to become popularized. It just isn't all that neat or necessary of a feature for enjoyable Web surfing.