Re: Progress on categorization

Author:Samuel Reynolds
Posted:10/1/1999; 10:32:10 AM
Topic:

As I see it, there are several pieces to this puzzle.

1. How to assign categories. You've addressed that here.

2. How to maintain categorical indices. I don't know how complete your solution currently is, but you might look at my Indexer Suite (http://www.spinwardstars.com/frontier/suites/indexer.html). That's what it's designed for, and it might save you some effort. (If you need to incorporate it in a Userland release, we can talk; there won't be any charge.)

3. How to extract/browse categorical indices. The Indexer Suite may help here, too; it provides visit() methods to scan indices, and examples of using them to generate html pages. The tutorial at <http://www.spinwardstars.com/frontier-tutorials/indexsite/index.html> provides additional examples.

Hope this is useful.

- Sam