Re: Cover your ears and say 'I cant hear you!'

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:10/4/1999; 8:19:50 PM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

1. But but but Red Hat doesn't own Linux.

2. It's the "you're safe" part I don't get. It's like that New Yorker cartoon of a mathematician who scribbles on a blackboard and says "And then a miracle happens." We've filled a couple of megabytes here on the Third Voice debate. I've heard the arguments on the other side. The Stuffed Dog guy doesn't capture all the wisdom of the opposing arguments (Which I don't want to loop thru again, thank you.) And he does the stupid thing with my last name. So what I have a funny last name. BFD.

And consider this, he probably got more hits today than he ever did. He even redirected that page to his home page at one point, specifically greeting Scripting News readers. He got a little more famous and I got to point to some immaturity. Win-win. The web at work. A clearly open mind, willing to share flow with another mind, even one that disagrees with me, with rudeness thrown in as a bonus.