Thru the magic of syndication!

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:10/6/1999; 4:08:36 PM
Topic:Thru the magic of syndication!

A first..

Now on the Scripting News home page there's a box down the right edge containing the most recent dozen stories from Salon, Red Herring, Wired and Motley Fool.

This is an unusual kind of syndication because it's aggregated. I chose four channels out of the hundreds on My.UserLand because they're well-known brands that are identified with the Internet, and they're not widely syndicated, and I like to stay up to date on them.

It's an interesting and useful demo, but just one of many that are possible with the new power of syndicated content flow.

Screen shot

Following is a screen shot showing what the box looks like right now. It recalcs every time I update the home page.

This is the first time that story flow from My.UserLand has appeared off the My.UserLand home page.

We will be distributing easy to set up software that will make it possible for any site to produce a box like this on their home page. It's now in testing with our core users.