Testing your XML-RPC client

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:10/7/1999; 9:43:14 AM
Topic:Testing your XML-RPC client

A question came up on the XML-RPC mail list:

http://www.egroups.com/group/xml-rpc/293.html?

A fellow named Bas is trying to call an XML-RPC handler on one of our servers. In the rush to get the new interface out, I overlooked that we have a new public interface for people to test their XML-RPC clients against.

Basic info

Here's a Frontier snippet that calls the handler.

local (server = "aggregator.userland.com", port = 80)
local (procname = "aggregator.getServiceInfo", params = {747})
scratchpad.infotable = betty.rpc.client (server, port, procname, @params)
edit (@scratchpad.infotable)

Here's an example of the it returns:

http://backend.userland.com/stories/storyReader$9