Using Frontier with DreamWeaver

Author:Faisal Jawdat
Posted:10/7/1999; 5:04:25 PM
Topic:Using Frontier with DreamWeaver

Wow, that's really old and out of date (and Mac specific)... and yet... still works (with 5.0.1, at least). Cool.

I'm working on an update that works cross-platform, but it's been on the backburner for a while.

Here's a question that would help: how do I import HTML into Frontier templates? Yes, the templates are HTML, but the content itself is generally text. I'm using ContentServer now (got to let people post files). How do I let them write HTML using any old tool, and have that imported? Do I have to write an HTML importer? Has someone already written one? (I need something that will take HTML, strip everything up to and including the while saving the relevant details like the title, strip everything from on, and push the contents in the middle into the web site's database).

The idea is to have DreamWeaver (or Word or anything else that can write text or HTML) write to ContentServer's folders, then have Frontier pick that stuff up, massage it, and spit it out as flat files.