Help: Can't post the 1st test message in DG

Author:technosmurf
Posted:10/8/1999; 1:37:09 AM
Topic:Help: Can't post the 1st test message in DG

Hi All!

I'm following the instructions for Your First Discussion Group.

I am able to setup an initial user. When I get to the section entitled "Posting a test message", I get the following error:
[Macro error: There is no discussion root named 'default'.]

I guess mainResponder.discuss.openRoot is complaining. config.root.mainresponder.prefs.defaultDiscussRoot says "discuss".

I don't want multiple discussion groups. I'm just trying to setup the first one.

What am I doing wrong? thanks for any pointers! -- tony