salonHerringWiredFool.html

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:10/10/1999; 10:39:18 AM
Topic:Creating an Aggregator without XML-RPC

I added a static rendering that's updated every time our aggregator completes a scan, that is the HTMLization of the last 12 links from Salon, Red Herring, Wired and Motley Fool:

http://static.userland.com/products/salonHerringWiredFool.html

If you have HTTP client capabilities in your scripting language or content system, you can just grab this when you render your home page, and even do string substitutions to get it to look the way you want.

I can also do XMLizations, but will only put the time in if I know someone is going to pick it up in their content flow.

We have lots of other static renderings, described on this page:

http://backend.userland.com/stories/storyReader$10