Squishdot and RDF

Author:Luke Tymowski
Posted:10/11/1999; 9:12:49 AM
Topic:Squishdot and RDF

Squishdot, the Slashdot-like plug-in for Zope, now includes support for producing an RDF file.

The credits for the RDF generator say Bruce Perens wrote the code, and that it was altered by the Squishdot developers.

I tried using Netscape's validator to check the sample RDF file created, and it failed the validation. The file it creates isn't the same as the one produced by Bruce Perens's site. So I don't know if the RDF script in Squishdot is broken or if one has to configure it before using it.

I don't know enough yet about RDF files to say for certain where the problem is. I had thought of holding back on this until I figured it out, but that could take a while, and some of you might like to play with it yourselves in the meantime.

Zope can be found at Zope.org.

Squishdot can be found at Squishdot.org.

Bruce Perens's site can be found at Perens.com.

His Technocrat site can be found at Technocrat.net.

His RDF file can be found at www.technocrat.net/rdf.