Re: Distributed Software Development

Author:Wesley Felter
Posted:10/11/1999; 5:50:28 PM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

For everyone who swears by Perforce (Be), there seems to be someone who wouldn't use anything but CVS (Phil G, Mozilla, Cygnus, *BSD, etc.). But my bet is on the soon-to-be-released BitKeeper, since it has a more flexible model which allows multiple repositories.

http://www.cyclic.com/

http://www.bitkeeper.com/

It'll probably never be settled. (Although I agree that merge-based version management is better than exclusive locking, assuming that users of the system are smart enough to resolve merge conflicts.)