Re: Start the Revolution without me

Author:Scott Burton
Posted:10/13/1999; 9:28:20 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

You are right about the lack of interest in AOLserver. I subscribe to that discussion group and there aren't many posts. It seems like a really good webserver solution and I am very interested in it myself after having some "not so fun" experiences with Apache.

Open-source, like many other things, seems to help bring out the worst in people. Herds of people blindly following, and anyone suggesting something better is treated like a nutter or a traitor.

Most people are just so willing to use anything non-Microsoft they instantly gobble up anything they can stomach. I have fallen prey to the same thing. The Open-source community seems to be a class of people who are in the "I get it and you don't club" which is a big motivator of defense. To me the best tool for the job is the most important part of technology, regardless of brand, idea or trend.