Re: Like IBM was to Mac Fans

Author:Erik Neu
Posted:10/13/1999; 9:12:38 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

>>And it played right into IBM's hand. The more Mac people focused on IBM, the stronger they were. >>

With due respect, I disagree with this as stated. IBM was even more clueless than Apple, and I don't think they benefited much. I think it would be more correct to say that Apple played right into the hand of the PC-compatible standard MARKET. And, ultimately, into Microsoft's hand.

>>when Microsoft handed the keys of the PC market to Apple>>

I'm not quite sure what this means. Win 3.0 came out in 1990--is that supposed to be the connection? Regardless, I definitely do agree that:

>>They (Apple) could have had the whole friggin market.

>>I'd do everything I could to focus the leaders of the Linux world, and the press on the Microsoft Threat

It has worked time and time again. Borland, Apple, IBM, NetScape. Are Sun and Oracle also in line to be victims?