Re: ZDNet Fell for DigiScents

Author:Seth Dillingham
Posted:10/15/1999; 8:29:27 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

That's really funny--usually the hardest part in not falling for a hoax or urban/internet legend is getting one's credulity to kick out of suspend mode. Usually, it is a very short time between the thought "this could be a hoax" crossing one's cerebral cortex, to the conclusion "this is a hoax".

I'm sorry, but as bizarre as it is, I have to assure you that this is NOT a hoax. As you may have seen from today's Scripting News, my company and I are heavily involved in this project, and it's totally real.

A little silly maybe, but completely real.

See this month's Wired Magazine for more details.

If you, um... make a stink about this, and try to convince too many people that it's a hoax, you're going to regret it when people start buying the boxes and proving you wrong (surely SOMEBODY out there will buy a box!) This is NOT a hoax.

Seth