RE: Linux changes the economic model for OSes

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:10/15/1999; 2:42:30 PM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

I didn't mean exactly that. I would like to try out an idea that I've had for a bunch of years of actually doing source code integration of Frontier with an operating system. That was actually the original idea for Frontier, based on some conversations I had in 1988 with Jean Louis Gassee and Ed Birss at Apple. The idea of a deeply integrated outliner and object database is something that someday will make a new level of OS possible. In the meantime, Frontier is kind of OSish, but I think it could be even more so. The Linux source being out there is quite a temptation.