Re: Linux Magazines

Author:Tucker Goodrich
Posted:10/20/1999; 8:39:39 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

When I was out raising money for a web site development company in '94-95, all of the people I talked to said "We just assume your technology is OK".

They wanted to hear about business model, and how we were going to use that technology they assumed would work to make money.

We had some pretty high-end Wall Street guys in the thing, by the way.

A couple of weenie demos and we got over the tech part.

From what I hear, it's worse now. The WSJ recently had an article about a MIT student who has a working 3D display (not a hologram) for computers. Too bad he couldn't raise any money from VCs to get going...