VCs not caring about technology

Author:Seth Gordon
Posted:10/20/1999; 9:52:54 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

I suspect this is partly due to the worse-is-better philosophy. In the software biz, according to the conventional wisdom, the advantage of having a high market share is so great that a runner-up, even a runner-up with superior technology, is very likely to go out of business. I don't know if this is entirely true, but it seems to be the conventional wisdom, and if VCs believe it to be true, then it's almost a self-fulfilling prophecy.