Java Surveys

Author:John Jensen
Posted:10/27/1999; 7:13:27 AM
Topic:Java Surveys

I'm late responding to yesterday's news item regarding Java usage.

I don't dispute that survey, but I'll add my own data to the mix, from the Robojob job crawler.

My engine watches the USENET job.offered feeds and counts keywords, like Java, and tries to guage the relative interest level for each. FWIW, my numbers show Java as still a frequently asked-for skill, though I can't tell from this kind of data how much Java is actually being deployed. My numbers go back to July 4, 1999 and don't show a big change in Java interest during that time.

John