Re: SHWF.com Domain Name Issue

Author:John W.
Posted:10/27/1999; 11:26:04 PM
Topic:SalonHerringWiredFool.Com

> I'm no expert, but I don't see how the domain name could possibly be a problem, at least in today's environment. Domain names have been treated as first-come, first-served. Trademark law not seen as applying.

There have been plenty of legal battles over domain names. Most of them settled out of court. It may be first-come, first served, but that doesn't mean that the interested parties don't take legal action.

For example, if your registered the name www.disney.com, do you really think that you'd be able to keep it? Fat chance :)