Re: Response to Flutterby

Author:Dave Polaschek
Posted:10/29/1999; 6:28:43 AM
Topic:Response to Flutterby

FYI, AppleEvents now can go over IP in MacOS 9. The Mac OS 9 Technote mentions this in passing (the first bullet-point). More information is probably available elsewhere, but I haven't had the time to dig into it.

I'm not sure if Apple's made the protocol open or not, but I would expect them to eventually. Heck, if they don't, an afternoon staring at packets with EtherPeek ought to provide the details a guy needs.

-DaveP