Re: Java Surveys

Author:John Jensen
Posted:10/29/1999; 8:34:06 AM
Topic:Java Surveys

Those are nice graphs.

When I stared my site up again (I'd had a version in '96), I decided to go the slow but steady route of building up my own database. Some people suggested dredging other people's web sites, but I wanted to stay as close as possible to the primary data. It has been slow, but steady. Around six thousand listings showing up on the newsgroups I watch each day. I've got a 2G database accumulated, but only coverying July 4th until now. I'm kind of figuring that I'll need six months of data to see any real trends.

It's a good think disks are cheap.