Re: Intentional Communities

Author:Seth Gordon
Posted:11/1/1999; 8:19:34 AM
Topic:Democracy, personalisation and Reputation Managers

I remember being fascinated, in the 60s and 70s, with towns that were planned from scratch. There was one in Virginia. Not sure how it turned out. It would be worth looking at.

Do you mean Twin Oaks? I read quite a bit about them, and other intentional communities, in my high school and undergraduate years. Unfortunately, I can't tell you much recent news about this group, becaues their Web site is responding with glacial speed.