Re: Intentional Online Communities

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:11/1/1999; 9:52:34 AM
Topic:Democracy, personalisation and Reputation Managers

3. objectionable posts knock you back into the month-long waiting period.

There's the problem, anyone whose posts are deemed objectionable is going to make a lot of trouble for the people who are still there.

I think I want to start a magazine, with a small group of friends, and see what happens. It's not intended to be democratic or open, just something fun for some people, not all people.

See there's no opportunity for punishment in that model. Hey, I'm allowed to go out to dinner with my friends, or go bowling with them, why can't I have a website with them? Rhetorical question, of course I can.