Re: Intentional Online Communities

Author:Anita Rowland
Posted:11/1/1999; 10:00:01 AM
Topic:Democracy, personalisation and Reputation Managers

Robert "Online Insider" Seidman had a good online discussion thing going for a while. You had to apply to him to be able to post. It used the same Engaged software that Electric Minds used. (This was in the spring of 1998)

Discussions were very "meta", revolving mostly about online community stuff! but I found it interesting.

I don't think there was quite the critical mass needed for it be self-sustaining, and he moved on to other things.

Anita of Anita's BOD and Anita's LOL