Re: Democracy, personalisation and Reputation Managers

Author:Wesley Felter
Posted:11/1/1999; 6:13:25 PM
Topic:Democracy, personalisation and Reputation Managers

I've noticed a similar problem reading Slashdot: I don't always agree with the moderators' scoring, even if it's much better than no scoring at all.

I was thinking about that last night. It occured to me that God Himself could post on Slashdot and still get moderated down as flamebait. (For you atheists out there, feel free to substitute Linus or somebody similar. "qbullet.smiley")

The general point behind that statement is that isolated reputation management systems probably aren't that useful; they need to be linked together so that reputations in one area carry over to others.