Easiest way to create a weblog?

Author:Aaron Averbuch
Posted:11/2/1999; 11:43:06 AM
Topic:Easiest way to create a weblog?

I am a computer science student who wants to join in on this weblog thing and do all the cool connecting to the syndication outlets and such... What tools and utilities provide for the easiest start-in? Is there a site to host on (hopefully free) that provides some of this functionality? Or, if I have my own (Solaris) host, what software do I need to get started?

Thanks, Aaron