Problem with XML-RPC and Active Server Pages

Author:Jason Levine
Posted:11/6/1999; 1:56:50 PM
Topic:Problem with XML-RPC and Active Server Pages

Hello everyone -- I'm trying to implement a few little things using David Carter-Todd's XML-RPC in ASP, and am running into a problem.

I want to implement an XML-RPC server in ASP, with the client running in Frontier. The problem is that the Frontier XML-RPC client doesn't seem to support the server/procedure addressing method that I have to use with the ASP XML-RPC server.

The way that the server side is set up in ASP is that you have a single script, Server.asp (or whatever you name it), that implements all of the XML-RPC procedures (say, it contains two procedures, helloWorld and goodbyeWorld).

In Frontier, though, I can't figure out how to call a single procedure (say, helloWorld). The betty.rpc.client() syntax is:

betty.rpc.client(server, port, procedure, adrParams)

server is meant to be an IP address, though, not a URL; this means that I can only put in the IP address of my IIS server, not the whole URL to the XML-RPC server ASP. Thus, the following line is meaningless once it gets to IIS:

betty.rpc.client("12.34.56.78", 81, "helloWorld", @paramTable)

The server has no clue what to do with it -- it has no idea that it's intended for the XML-RPC server page (which is located somewhere in the IIS wwwroot structure, say at dir1/dir2/Server.asp) to handle.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks a ton in advance.

/jason