Bay Area Good Samaratans

Author:Bill Humphries
Posted:11/7/1999; 4:38:10 PM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

The wind was followed by rain when I came out of the matinee of "Princess Monokoke." (It's a damn good movie, moraly complex instead of the usual Hollywoodland stuff.)

But, I want to sing the praise of Bay Area drivers. There was an accident in the heavy rain on I280 by my apartment complex. Several people were stopped and helping move the vehicle out of fast lane. I stopped and pulled out my PCS phone to call the CHiPs.

The line was busy so I ran up to the call box, figuring that I'd have a better chance of getting through on the dedicated line. While I was doing that, three other cars had stopped and were trying to hail Ponch and Jon on their phones. I got to the call box, and got on hold.

Another driver pulled over, got out and held an umbrella over my head while I waited. Thanks lady!

While we may not be the safest drivers, I do think we care about our fellow people.