Re: Collab filtering at my.userland.com?

Author:Paul Snively
Posted:11/8/1999; 1:49:12 PM
Topic:Collab filtering at my.userland.com?

Eugene Pervago wrote:

I think cut-off value should be around 50% - it would get better matches (at least, I think so).

Better still, pick a (low) arbitrary cut-off point, say 25%, and modify it dynamically based on usage patterns including people unsubscribing from a "related" feed. In other words, treat your initial value as a seed value, but update it based on the real world.

In any case, I'm glad to have gotten you pointed in a direction that makes sense to you!