Today's scriptingNews Outline

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:11/12/1999; 4:01:14 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

New Manila Weblog: Jeff Shelton is a Zope Newbie. This may become our niche. Friendly sites for people studying and exploring together. Welcome!

Scott Hansen explains what SquishDot is about.

MacWorld: Eddy Award Finalists for 1999.

Red Herring: Transmeta Comes Into Focus. "Pundits predict Linus Torvalds, Linux operating system creator and Transmeta software engineer, will let the cat out of the bag." On Monday.

Lots of juicy stories this AM on "SalonHerringWiredFool.Com". Such great stories, and great headlines. I love the web!

LinkWatcher is going commercial. Good idea!

Whump.Com: Using a glossary to unwind comments from links.

Joel Slade asks if anyone has used MORE 3.1 with Mac OS 9.

InfoWorld: IBM on XML. "Other successful Internet technologies let people run their systems without having to take into account another company's own computer systems, notably TCP/IP for networking, Java for programming, and Web browsers for content delivery. XML fills the data formatting piece of the puzzle, said Phipps, who gave a keynote at the Software Development East conference." Hey I thought Sun owned Java, and doesn't MS own web browsers?

Enjoy yourself.. It's later than you think!

What is Manila? Looks like it's going to ship next week.