Re: Cheap servers

Author:Jonathan Hendry
Posted:11/15/1999; 3:56:25 PM
Topic:Rewrite of surveys.userland.com

Did they do anything to mitigate the CPU's temperature?

It sounds like an overheating CPU; I've seen behavior like that when I've overclocked my AMD machines too far. I once had my machine set up so that it would run fine - as long as the case was open and a 7" desk fan was blowing into it. Turn the big fan off and the machine would eventually get unstable and crash.