Re: Cheap servers

Author:Paul Hardwick
Posted:11/15/1999; 4:05:52 PM
Topic:Rewrite of surveys.userland.com

I upgraded an old 8100/100 clone (Power Computing) with a G3/266 from SONET and haven't noticed any extra stability problems with my system. And while more memory (I have 64meg) would probably help, the speed increase was very noticable, especially when I generated the whole site. BTW my bus speed is 33.2 mhz.While I was serving my site static from a WWW hosting company. I did usually leave Frontier up for long periods to compile the links I collected for my weblog. My aDSL connection was to unstable to use my system as a server except for testing.

==Paul

Privacy Digest <URL:http://www.PrivacyDigest.com/> (updated regularly)