Re: CallTheShots.com

Author:Scott Burton
Posted:11/17/1999; 9:40:16 AM
Topic:CallTheShots.com

What happens if musicians can't make money through recording music? Are you pertaining to MP3's? I can see record companies not making MORE money due to MP3's. Not musicians. MP3's are good for bands. I personally have hours and hours of my favorite bands on MP3 that I listen to at work. If I like the band I WILL buy their cd, for my car, house etc.

Bands still tour and get free equipment, clothes and other so called royalties that have nothing to do with income from cd sales. It does have to do with cd sales in the fact that the record company gauges popularity on record sales. Maybe they should also pay attention to MP3 downloads, by providing the public with free MP3 downloads of their songs. There are quite a few bands out there that are getting popular and MAKING MONEY because of MP3.com and their cd sales went up because of the popularity of their free MP3's. This has happened to some friends of mine in a band called Juice. They even toured in Europe with no label backing them. Partially due to their popularity on MP3.com.