Re: Flycast Agreement

Author:David Gewirtz
Posted:11/17/1999; 11:30:39 AM
Topic:Flycast Agreement

We are now living off the ads in our journals. Last year, we were mostly living off residual software sales of FileFlex (our Director add-on). But when we became ZATZ, we decided to go for broke and focus only on the Internet magazine game.

We run our own ads. We found the restrictions, agreements, and complications of working with ad firms a major challenge. I have a full time employee who sells ads, but honestly, many of our advertisers call us wanting to buy space.

We use a combination of Frontier to manage the HTML of the ads and the ad database, and NetCloak to rotate the ads on the WebSTAR server. We've built an ad tracker that's in Frontier that tabulates the click through the ads.

It works really quite well. I would advise you just run it all on your own. It's been working great for us.