Re: CallTheShots.com

Author:Fredrik Lundh
Posted:11/18/1999; 3:24:26 AM
Topic:CallTheShots.com

I suspect the Backstreet Boys make far more revenue on their merchandising than on their music (probably because the merchandise is of higher quality than their music).

fwiw, the Swedish production team that writes their music probably earn more money than the "boys" themselves...

...and they wouldn't do that if their product didn't have exactly the right quality for their intended market. how about a little respect for people who happen to work in another profession? the team behind BSB and many others aren't exactly a bunch of clueless amateurs...

you can use the reputation garnered on the Internet to sell ancillary products

on the other hand, chances are that someone else will give away the things *you* plan to sell...

(And besides, "works for me" doesn't mean that things will scale. It's like the guy I saw on "lifestyles of the rich and famous" who seriously thought that if everyone in the world wrote books about how to become rich and famous, everyone would become rich and famous. After all, that was what he'd done...)