Today's scriptingNews Outline

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:11/26/1999; 5:57:13 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

Ptypes ranks the weblogs by the number of pointers coming into them, as reported by Google. Scripting News is #1.

Paul Howson starts a discussion on future developments in the XMLTR suite. (Details on the XMLTR site.)

Kevin Werbach is really kicking butt with the Release 1.0 weblog.

ZDNet: Apple Centers to open in Manila. Excellent!

A reminder, Frontier 6.1 is a Mac app, as well as a Windows app.

MacOpinion: Sherlock, All Hype No Heart?

An improvement to the Weblog Monitor site makes it easier to find the new stuff.

We're working on ad sharing among weblogs using the Weblog Monitor. The idea started at the Robot Wisdom site, was adopted by a few webloggers, and within hours was running on the Weblog Monitor. Being a total graphic idiot, I had to struggle with Adobe ImageReady to get a 24-by-175 graphic together for Scripting News. I yearn for the days of Canvas 2.0 when graphics editing was easy.

The ad sharing server is working. If you refresh this page, you should see a different ad below. Of course if you click on it, you go to the weblog.

To show how flexible this scheme is, I posted a note to the Weblogs mail list, and included the HTML snippet, and now eGroups is part of the network too! Lovin it.

Washington Post: "You will see how time stood still while we all held our breath. You will feel the power and love of your family during this time, and of a caring and believing community."