Re: Localization of 6.1?

Author:Benoit Cazenave
Posted:12/3/1999; 1:47:14 PM
Topic:Localization of 6.1?

Running into the same kind of problems... I will probably be translating Manila small pieces at a time. I hope localization is a future direction for Manila.

Funny how the web being "worldwide" it sometimes seems real far from the ease of localization found in the MacOS. Managing a multi-language web site is still a tricky exercice... even with powerful tools like Frontier.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Manila, very cool software. I offer any help necessary for a French version. What is lacking is separation between code and user interface. I will probably try to put all user interface strings into one table of subtables and strings. Has anyone given any thoughts to this ?