Re: Paying lip service to mac..

Author:Keola Donaghy
Posted:12/9/1999; 2:21:42 PM
Topic:Paying lip service to mac..

> Oh I know, just venting... Please ignore me.

No, don't drop it, you've brought up some great points.

As you said, we're moving toward a net-centric computing environment. Why should the Mac be ignored.

Two basic problems I see/encounter as we·re moving in this direction:

1.Java support on the Mac. Apple should put out the fastest, baddest JVM out there. They're bragging about the power of the G4, then the Mac's Java VM should be twice as fast as anything on Windows.

2. As Dave stated earlier (I'm going from memory, Dave, correct me if I'm wrong) - the browser war is over, Microsoft won. What is going to happen to the Mac if MS goes from shipping Mac versions of MSIE months after the windows version to simply not shipping a Mac version at all? Right now it seems the Mac's future as a platform for web-centric computing is in Microsoft's hands.

Scary thoughts.

kd