Re: Netscape and CSS

Author:Dori Smith
Posted:12/10/1999; 11:49:46 PM
Topic:Netscape and CSS

Netscape 5.0 cannot reasonably be compared with IE 5.x

I was going to disagree with this, and then I realized I didn't.

Netscape 5 (per their own comments) is going to be considerably slower than IE 5.x.

Netscape 5 (per the Mozilla website) is going to have a number of "features" that I don't want, and that most people (over 80%, based on browser usage surveys) are doing just fine without.

Netscape 5 (per the StatMarket surveys) is going to have a huge uphill battle to get any serious market share, give the two above comments.

Yup, you're right. I don't see any reason to compare the two.