Re: Who writes Bloat?

Author:Steve Bogart
Posted:12/11/1999; 2:44:43 PM
Topic:Who writes Bloat?

Cameron found this first through another series of connections (and I forget what they were), and I confirmed his work independently thanks to a slipup the author made a while back...

The Bloat page source code a month or so ago included a BASE HREF tag which pointed to www.goshakespeare.com. Note the close similarity in the source code for the goshakespeare.com front page and the code for Bloat (exact same style sheet names & colors & spacing, for instance).

WHOIS on goshakespeare.com gets you:

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
Bloomingdale, Alex (AB10965) info@USOUNDS.COM

Cam tracked him down the reverse way, through the Usounds.com connection.

I guess it could be a pseudonym, but I tend to doubt it.

(True, thewebtoday.com is also registered in Bloomingdale's name, but that wasn't as conclusive; it could be some random person with an account on his/her machine. Since another site owned by the same person uses identical html, the connection is rather strengthened, I think.)