Re: drawCalendar Flaw

Author:Andrew Duncan
Posted:12/11/1999; 3:11:31 PM
Topic:drawCalendar Flaw

Darn, I hate it when this happens. I had no intention of "jumping all over" you, I'm totally not into flaming people. In fact I'm a huge fan (and evangelist) of Frontier, Manila and Userland. Sorry if you misunderstood my intentions. Perhaps "flaw" was too strong a word, I'm not sure.

Andrew, see if you can find a way to make this a win-win. The stuff about "branding" is total BS. If you want to have a conversation with us, start by leaving out the theories. We're right here. Ask questions.

If you recall, I said "*might* want to use the calendar as a branding device", purely because I don't know and it is possible. Now I know better. But you are right -- theorising probably doesn't help. And I'm all in favour of win-wins.

What say we put the angst aside (whether real or perceived) and move on? Rest assured there's no anger on my part, Zen has been part of my life for too long for that!

...totally subject to customization. We just need to create a path for the Manila user or developer to do that

I'm sure there is such a path, and you are correct to say that I've been in the loop long enough to know how it works. All I wanted to do was draw attention to the need for a more flexible solution.

I'd say more, but my 5 year old son is demanding my attention, so I've got to go. I'll check back later and make another post if that's necessary.

Let's have fun!