Today's scriptingNews Outline

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/12/1999; 7:01:09 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

Excerpts from the Cluetrain Manifesto.

Internet Future asks "Do you remember HTML?"

And Marc Canter is eating turkey. I'm jealous!

New Rules is running a survey.

The On Deciding Better weblog gives me credit for inventing the "italicized voice". I'm going to see if I can find the day that I first did it. BTW, it's not called the "italicized voice", it's actually the voice of my evil twin. Usually.

The evil twin first surfaced on 7/31/97. I actually got emails from people saying that my site had been hacked. I guess in a way it had been. ";->"

The voice was first identified as that of my evil twin on 8/9/97, after a comment about a picture of Elvis and Richard Nixon.

EditThisPage.Com and XML. "With over 500 new sites in seven days, we're looking for new ways to get a handle on what's going on."

Only on the web. "They can both be totally rude to and dismissive of each other, and we can watch from the sidelines."

Luke Tymowski: Reliable High-speed Internet Access for your Servers. "Why might most users enjoy fast response times but others suffer badly? Odds are that the cause is peering arrangements."

BTW, we're putting two machines in the Exodus data center, an NT machine, and our second Qube.

David Strom: Measuring Web Performance.

InfoWorld: XML still waiting for the spotlight.

Phil Suh starts the wrap up of the Builder Live website.