What does Vignette do? Was Re: Today's scriptingNews Outline

Author:Stephen Judd
Posted:12/13/1999; 5:17:01 PM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

What does Vignette do?

My bullet point list:

It looks to me like Story Server is fundamentally a series of hacks to build a content management system out of server side includes and server-parsed Tcl in HTML. It's what the thoughtful Unix person would have done. Working with Story Server requires careful thought, care and feeding, it's an engineer's system.

Things that really annoy me:

Things I like:

Why are they so different to Userland in their approach and philosophy? My guess is that they see themselves in a whole different market and problem space. BIG corporates, big hardware, big licensing fees. They're after the top 5%.