Re: What does Vignette do? Was Re: Today's scriptingNews Outline

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:12/13/1999; 7:25:29 PM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

I shudder to think how little would get done and how much money would be spent if I turned over large chunks of our company's money to one of these groups.

This summer I was out biking, and the guy I was cycling with was telling me about his job. He works for KPMG or AA, or one of the big consulting companies.

He lived in San Fransisco. He works in Seattle. His company pays for a $1200 a month apartment in Seattle. He flies back and forth every week. His company has an office in Seattle. This commuting thing was supposed to last a couple of years.

He mentioned inan offhand manner, that at these consulting companies, you make 60-80k, but they spend 3x that on you per year. The engineering company I worked at had a salary/billing rate of something like 3 to 1. That's including profits, office, taxes and everything. Either the consulting companies are wasting a hell of a lot of their client's money, or they're underpaying their employees and wasting their employees' money.

eric