Re: JAffiliate

Author:David Carter-Tod
Posted:12/21/1999; 7:50:26 AM
Topic:Catching the My.UserLand story flow

I'm working on an ASP (VBscript) affiliate, and have the harvester working. I think I'm taking a similar tack to Josh:

I read the currentStories.xml file once an hour (like Josh, I had to read the instructions several times to realize that I wasn't meant to read it every minute). I use the stories in that file as a cue to reload the RSS/scriptingNews files from their original sites (by cross-referencing with serviceList2.xml).

The next step is to implement javascript client-side includes, which should be easy.

David