Re: JAffiliate

Author:Josh Lucas
Posted:12/20/1999; 5:38:37 PM
Topic:Catching the My.UserLand story flow

I see what you are saying but...

The way I look at it is that the files replace the database tier. The end user and probably the developer would never really *see* them since they will be updated in the background. This might work for someone utilizing something like Cocoon where a physical XML file fits better into the framework than dynamic data from a database. This isn't the future for Cocoon but that's another story.

The next step for JAffiliate will be a JDBC interface to a relational database. This will make storage and integration much better and more powerful.

Thanks for all of your comments! I look forward to more of them.