Re: How bad is it?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/27/1999; 4:08:44 PM
Topic:How bad is it?

I think the performance should have gone up substantially today. We've never put Frontier under this kind of load before and we're learning.

It's a 550 Mhz Dell clone, with a 27GB hard drive. A $2000 machine, as of a couple of months ago. One CPU. 100-Base-T Ethernet. There's really nothing fancy about the machine.

Running standard Frontier 6.1, with no mods, and an extra app to do the site hosting (a precursor of ISP.ROOT), otherwise a virgin 6.1 installation. About 100K hits per day.