Re: How bad is it?

Author:Luke Tymowski
Posted:12/27/1999; 4:20:11 PM
Topic:How bad is it?

I wonder if a really good SCSI subsystem wouldn't provide a big boost. If you're hitting the disk a lot, IDE isn't v fast, and you lose a lot of CPU power - because it has to manage the hdd, whereas with SCSI, it handles disk reads/writes with its own controller.

SCSI and lots of memory can make a big difference. Exactly how much I don't know.