Exodus spider crawl...

Author:Thomas A. Creedon
Posted:12/30/1999; 9:09:05 PM
Topic:Exodus spider crawl...

Anyone noticed a lot of hits from what looks like spider servers at Exodus?

My log is showing many hits from

205.128/25.247.67.209.in-addr.arpa

and

158.128/25.247.67.209.in-addr.arpa

I think these translate to 209.67.247.25, not sure what the extra stuff at the beginning is.

No biggie. Just thought it was odd in that I've never heard of Exodus until Dave mentioned them and now I'm apparently getting hundreds of hits from them. I'd be curious on how they decide to crawl a site. I visit them? They visit me? :-) Heh... Probably not a bad idea. If I was at "their" site, then my site might have something of interest to them. Perhaps its not a spider for a search engine but for a cache of some kind?

Toodle-loooooooo............
Thomas