Re: Static ETP-button does not work with all JavaScript browsers

Author:David Carter-Tod
Posted:1/4/2000; 11:10:38 AM
Topic:Static ETP-button does not work with all JavaScript browsers

In "A Batman New Year" Dave writes: the static sites will have Edit This Page buttons too ... It works in all the browsers that support JavaScript

I'm quite sure that the SRC attribute that this trick builds on (see http://dave.editthispage.com/stories/storyReader$19) was not supported by the first generation javascript-supporting Netscape Browsers.

Actually, I'm not sure if Edit this page for static sites will use dynamic inclusion of elements via Javascript src (which is still dependent on Frontier performance and akin to using cache.root really), or (as I've suggested elsewhere), read the manila cookie using Javascript's cookie-reading capabilities which can be totally Frontier independent.

David