Re: iReview needs a Mac

Author:--
Posted:1/5/2000; 7:15:44 PM
Topic:iReview needs a Mac

But Dave, how many Windows users out there are like you? Maybe iReview is a different case, but for all the other components of mac.com, you can easily find a replacement on the web. And chances are they are more mature than mac.com. To me, I feel like Apple is just offering something that Mac users wanted to have for a long time, but being blocked by Windows only web sites.

On the other hand, I have to say that there is almost no technical difficulties to open mac.com's services up to other platform's users. Maybe iDisk and KidSafe will be a bit more difficult to make cross-platform, but still, there are no major technical difficulties.

BTW, I don't know if you have try to find a Mac to test mac.com out, but you can click on a button on the "mac.com Email" page, it will configure Outlook automatically for you. And clicking a button on the "iDisk" page, your iDisk drive will be mounted. Sounds very familiar to you right -- Yes, they steal the "Edit in Frontier" concept from you. If you have patented it, you can sue them for this :-)